All Ghanaian Canadian women are invited to this unique one of a kind event happening in the community.
The goals for this conference are:
– To provide the necessary tools to equip and nurture African Canadian girls into women
– To provide girls with workshops that foster leadership, communication and networking skills and to build a sense of community.
– To get girls more involved within the community
– To mentor girls and to provide them with the right information and resources necessary in making wise and productive decisions for their lives.
The workshops and topics that will be discussed at the conference are:
– Education and Career Choices: Turning their passion into action
– Leadership: awakening the leader in you
– Identity: Knowing and understanding your place and role as a girl/women
– Sharing your story: using your life experiences as a motivation to help people change their lives.
– Communication: how to properly speak as young leaders and women
– Single Moms: their challenges and the support they need
– Sexual Purity: the consequences that comes from unprotected sex and why they should wait
– Health and Grooming: taking care of yourself
This yearâ€™s conference will be the first of its kind within our community and will tackle the issues that teenage girls face in society by creating a dialogue among girls and their communities.
ADMISSION IS FREE…..REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED