- Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has stepped up his interest in signing Chelsea midfielderMichael Essien to replace French Lassana Diarra who is eager to leave the Royal club next season, according to Spanish newspaper Marca. â€œEssien can cover the entire width of the field and some more than good technical conditions.â€ the Spanish newspaper described the Ghanaian stopper. Marca also revealed that Essien’s problem is his price about 40 million Euros so Real Madrid will splash the cash for the Ghanaianâ€™s services.
- John Pantsil, who is now a free agent, said that he is uncertain where he will be playing next season, Sky Sports reports. There have been reports saying that Pantsil will end up at Championship side Leicester, where if he goes, he will get a better opportunity to play than he did at Fulham.
- Sevilla are chasing Inter Milan midfielderÂ Sulley Muntari. Muntari has talked up the prospect of moving to Spain this summer. Sunderland baulked at the â‚¬9m price-tag for the midfielder. Inter do not want Muntari back either, so he is set to be either loaned again or sold off elsewhere. According to the latest media reports in Italy Serie A revelations Napoli are also interested
- Andre Ayew is ready to consider a move to the Premier League following robbery attacks on his home in Marseille. The midfielder has been linked with a move to Liverpool, but other clubs will now join the race for his signature as he weighs up his future.
- (Ghanasoccernet)June 11 –Â Derek Boateng is on the verge of sealing a massive deal to Ukrainian side Dnipro. A US$8.5 transfer fee has been agreed. The 28-year-old, who plays for Spanish side Getafe, will have to agree his personal terms before the deal is signed for him to join his compatriot Samuel Inkoom who has been instrumental in the deal. But Dniproâ€™s offer will double his salary which makes it likely that he will accept the offer.
Getafe have already agreed to accept the US$8.5 tabled by Dnipro and the deal is expected to be finalised by early next week.
The midfielder has a contract with Getafe until 2013 and a buyout clause of 15 million euros. Turkish side Trabzonspor and Aston Villa were the other two teams interested in Ghanaian
- According to reports Chelsea are planning to offer Inter Milan players in a bid to land Wesley Sneijder. Corriere dello Sport claims the Blues have been in touch with the Italian club about a possible deal for the Holland international. Chelsea have made the late bid in an attempt to scupper the plans of Premier League rivals Manchester United who appear to be heading the queue. It is understood the Stamford Bridge hierarchy are prepared to offer Florent Malouda andÂ Michael Essien. Prospective Chelsea coach Gus Hiddink is believed to have urged Chelsea to sign the Dutch maestro.
- Leicester City are pursuingÂ John Pantsil. The Mercury understands City have made an enquiry for the 29-year-old right-back, who is out of contract at Premier League Fulham this summer and has not been offered a new deal. However, the player’s wage demands may be a stumbling block as it is believed he has asked for as much as Â£25,000 per week to drop into the Championship, a figure City have balked at. Pantsil may have to lower his demands if he wants to join Sven-Goran Eriksson’s promotion chasers next season.
- June 5 (Daily Star) — Promoted English Premier League side Queens Park Rangers are interested in Inter Milan midfielderÂ Sulley Muntari. QPR are keen on the 26-year-old who has enough Premier League experience. The Ghana midfielder spent the second of the just ended season on loan at Sunderland. Inter are eager to find a buyer for Muntari this summer.